Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ways you can get involved!

Hi Friends! I just wanted to let you know that there are several ways that you can help make this trip to Africa possible:

1.) Moral Support - Being so far from home, it would mean a lot to me to have a virtual community of "friendly faces."

Ways to give moral support:
  • Read and comment on this blog. You should see a link at the bottom of the page inviting you to 'subscribe.' This will make it easier for you to keep informed about updates to the blog.
  • Share it with any of your friends who might be interested in Africa, community development, etc.
  • Pray. For starters, I could use prayer for the following (updates to follow):
    • Smooth preparations- figuring out logistics, raising funds, getting mentally ready.
    • Safety and health while traveling, especially an accepting stomach for the local food!
    • Wisdom to do a good job, and an open heart and mind to adapt to the culture. Also for a quick brain to learn the language!
2.) Financial Support - I'm going to need to raise about $8,000-$10,000 to cover expenses for the year. Please consider supporting me at any level- $5, $50, or $500- every little bit will make a huge impact!

Ways to give financial support:
  • Donate at the link on the right - this will come to me directly through PayPal.
    • If you prefer not to give online, you can make a check payable to me and send it to: 91 Glenwood Rd, Somerville, MA 02145.
    • This will cover expenses like airfare, insurance, visas, vaccinations, and in-country travel.
  • For a tax deductible donation - make checks payable to the Foundation for Sustainable Development, and put my name in the memo line.
    • Mail any checks to me at the address above. If you prefer to make an electronic donation through FSD, email me at tlwarmus@hotmail.com for instructions.
    • This will go toward my program fee, which includes lodging, training, and a mini-grant to my host organization.
  • Click OFTEN on the advertising links at the bottom of the blog- I accrue a little income with each click!
  • Let me know if you're interested in donating directly to the local organization or to a specific project. Any extra funding that I am able to raise will go toward the work with the community.
Waybale!
(That's 'thank you' in Luganda. More to follow on the language!)

3 comments:

spainer said...

I'm so excited for you, and thanks for including me on your journey! I look forward to reading all about it and partnering with you

Biz said...

Tammie! This is a loss for Boston, but a great gain for Uganda! I am so happy for you - to finally be going to Africa!!! I feel like we've talked about this for so long and it brings such joy to know that God has been planning this allllll along. Through all the ups and downs and confusion He has known He would bring you to Africa one day. I can't wait to hear about your adventures! (and of course, I'm secretly a little envious ;))

Anonymous said...

Tammie, I am so excited for you! I cannot wait to read of your travels through Africa. They will surely see and use the light of God that shines so brightly through your spirit. How wise of you to accept the challenge that has been laid upon your heart. I anxiously await the stories of your time abroad.
God bless.
Christopher