Monday, January 5, 2009

A flash update- latest happenings and upcoming blog teasers

I've been a little out of commission on the blog front over the holidays. Here's a quick update on what I've been up to. Consider it also to be a preview of blog posts to come in the new year, as many of these topics will be revisited!

Since my last post I have:

** Been awarded the grant from FSD
** Planned and held a ToT (training of trainers) for the Buddukiro staff to prepare them for implementing the project come January
**Enjoyed a Christmas party that brought the Masaka and Nyendo boys together for skits, food, and fun.
**Outwitted a rat that wanted to call my room home.
**Spent many hours in a bumpy bus to see all Kenya has to offer, including a beautiful capital, great animals, a picturesque coast and beachy coast, and my good friend Karen, home for a visit to her family!
**Enjoyed a lot of fun times with Brock, Hagar, and Fred, all of whom now live in my neighborhood!
**Gotten a great beach tan, as well as observations from Ugandan friends and co-workers that I have 'grown fat' since coming to Masaka.
**Learned about 'mob justice' and some of the other darker aspects of life here in Uganda.
**Experienced lots of emotional and spiritual highs and lows, and grown a lot in my relationship with God in the process.
**Made a decision to remain in Masaka after my FSD internship finishes at the end of January, which may involve moving into a place of my own, cutting back hours at Buddukiro and taking on a couple other projects (more to follow on that).

Can't wait to share more. In the meantime, I hope that 2009 finds you happy, healthy, and excited for all the new year may hold!

Blessings,
Tammie

No comments: