Friday, February 27, 2009

A visit from muganda wange (my sister!)

I had such a great time with Mark and Lisa when they came to volunteer in Uganda for the month of January. They were staying just a couple hours away, so we were able to visit back and forth quite a bit. They did a great job of getting adjusted, using their gifts and talents to contribute, and finding humor in daily life. Here’s a few pics:

Me with my stash- a special delivery from Santa (mom and dad), and friends. BTW, I polished that chocolate off within a week.








Lisa and Mark at the entrance to the hospital where he was working. Lisa was able to get involved in some cool ministry at a local church.









Lisa and Mark look over photos with Jenipher during a visit to my host family.










It’s my turn to be nurse as Mark examines all the kids at a home for orphans that is just down the street from my new place. He and Lisa were able to stop in there on there way back to the airport at the invitation of Lisandro, a Peace Corps volunteer friend of mine.










Lisa and Mark, what a blessing you guys were to me during your visit- thanks for everything!

1 comment:

Lisa Thoma said...

We had so much fun seeing you! I can't wait to be able to call you on the phone whenever I want!